Thursday 1 July 2010

June

June has been a very busy month. Lots of flying, and all my days off were filled with some activity or another... Not that I remember having many days off.

The intense thunderstorm season is slowly starting again the weather radar is getting more and more colourful. Although the whole year is thunderstorm season at the equator June-November seem to be the more active months.

I've had a few interesting moments this month - Kinabalu was landing runway 20 for a few days which involves an offset VOR approach over the city centre. It's quite fun to fly, especially with a bit of weather, and I shall post a video soon.

I also flew into Hong Kong for the first time, after months of flying over/around/beside it en-route to China or Macau. Hong Kong does beat Singapore on the airport coolness scale, the airport is busier, the spacing tighter, the weather is different (less thunderstorm, more wind) and one could be forgiven for thinking it's London from time to time with all the English accents on frequency. There are plenty of nice looking tails to enjoy too. Once out of the airport and in the city I think prefer Singapore though, Hong Kong is a little too wild for my taste ... and I don't understand any of the adds in the underground.

I have a few videos to upload, will attempt to do so soon.

S.

1 comment: