Friday 6 November 2009

300

Logged my 300th flying hour today, somewhere over the Java Sea enroute from Ujung Pandang/Makassar to KL.

The weather was beautiful for a change, almost clear sky with the sun reflecting in the sea. Ujung Pandang looks like a lovely place to go on a diving holiday - we saw loads of reefs and tiny islands off the coast. Another place on my must-see-more-than-the-airport list.

The arrival was quite "fun" as well, a visual approach for runway 31 which involves flying between some rather high hills not 300ft above their tops. Although the Captain was flying I was far too busy looking for the runway and talking to ATC to take a picture unfortunately.

I just noticed I wrote this post backwards. Nevermind.

S.

2 comments:

  1. Three hundred?! May I cry now? I'm on my third logbook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly why I left Canada (again) just after obtaining a CPL... The chances of getting a real big-jet airline job are just too remote, and I don't like walk-arounds in -40° never mind loading my own cargo.

    S.

    ReplyDelete