Monday 28 September 2009

Yet more rest and recreation

Being faced with another week off courtesy of the administration's strict adherence to the innumerable Malaysian public holidays I decided it may be time to breathe some cool fresh air, see some familiar faces and eat something not containing rice or noodles.

I flew back to Stansted last Monday for a surprise 7 day visit. Only one person knew I was coming, and magically appearing at friends' houses saying "surprise!" was great fun. The weather was brilliant too, crisp clear blue skies and a lovely 18-23° during the day just the way it should be. I got the chance to go sailing again in Portsmouth, wander around London, play with a model aeroplane near Kingston and have a very lazy week-end in Bournemouth.

Alas the break is over and in less than 24 hours I'll be back in the A340 headed for the tropics... I really don't want to leave so soon but the holidays are over and the administration should have whatever papers I'm still waiting for ready upon my arrival.

Thanks to everyone who entertained me and reminded me what home was like during my short stay.

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment