Friday 11 September 2009

Lest we forget, 8 years later

September 11 2001, the day aviation as it was meant to be died, and the world took a decidedly sharp turn for the worse.

Let us never forget the days of flying before this planet was plunged into this terror age. I have fond memories of visiting flight decks (cockpits as they were called), bringing bottles of water or toothpaste through security and not having to unpack laptops and remove shoes/jackets/belts/watches/etc. Everyone seemed happier back then.

I now have the priviledge of being (ocasionally) allowed into the flight deck again but not being able to share the magic of that little room with others really bothers me.

Maybe the world will come back to it's senses one day, but I don't feel optimistic about it happening - it just keeps getting worse and worse and worse...

S.

(Yes I know some aircraft crashed, towers collapsed and people were killed as well, but in the grand scheme of things I feel the legacy of the day is far far worse than the actual event ... how many people have died since?)

No comments:

Post a Comment